Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Passage about Vampire Knight





Revelations in this episode:
Yuki finally finds out the truth behind who Zero is.
We are introduced to Class E vampires.
We learn of Yuki’s fear of going out alone, and while she is out she is attacked by Class E vampires.
Kaname saves Yuki and states that Yuki is his special person.




I liked the way this episode progressed, it was fast with little wasted time. Yuki finally finds out about Zero and Zero attacks Yuki. This was a pretty dark episode. Kaname’s show of his power was really cool too, and as usual the OP sequence was just hypnotic.

I like Zero’s character – the twist that he is actually a vamp. I thought that was pretty cool.
As for Yuki, I can’t seem to see her other than a loud girl who starting to get on my nerves just a little. I know that there are more things about who she is etc (in the manga) but right now, in this episode, all we know about her is the same flashback over and over again of her being attacked by the vamp when she was young and Kaname saving her.
Kaname on the other hand is a mystery. One moment I like the him when he is all overprotective over Yuki, but when he starts getting all high and mighty(in a subtle way) I can’t help but like Zero better.


The animation was nice but for some reason due to the way the shadows were drawn on the character’s faces they looked like anorexic zombies. I am looking forward to the next episode to see how Yuki handle’s this new revelation that she has just been dealt with.

Overall, it was intersting, the plot thickens and builds with a good portion of suspense. Enough action to make it less shoujo-ish and more interesting.
I was reluctant to watch and review this episode because for some reason every episode was so heavy to watch. Nothing happy happens. EVER. And judging from the way the plot is progressing i doubt that happy things will ever happen.
This anime is nothing if not filled with mysteries and secrets. I LOVE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment